Monday, June 21, 2010

No Day But Today

Good Monday morning, fellow travelers.

Picture if you will, your idea of what would truly
make you happy; how it would look for you to be
fulfilled and content.

Is the image of your happiness dependent on
the things, places, and people you surrounded
yourself with? Or was it a manifestation of
determinism and inner peace?

What would it take to reach the 'you' in that vision?
If fear were not a factor...
what would you do with your life, starting now?

Peace,
Rob

*******************************
If I wish to be free of pain,
I must first be free of desire.
Wanting, needing, expecting;
these are my enemies.


When I deaden myself to the
ways of the physical world
and those around me, I see
the power that comes from
true detachment, and I am free.

********************************

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say
there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks
my pocket nor breaks my leg."

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

No comments:

Post a Comment